Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The House Sale That Wasn't

I got a call from our real estate agent this afternoon. He said he had really bad news. What could be bad? Everything was moving along. Even the new house was getting the foundation repaired. Well, the buyer of this house had preapproval for financing, but apparently has had some life event that has made him unable to actually get financing for this house. So, the deal is off. He can't buy our house, so we can't buy the other house.

Nobody is really happy about this right now. We have a lot of our stuff that is already packed in boxes in a storage shed that we are renting to make the move easier. One problem is that I have some things that I really don't want in a shed during the hot summer. It was OK when it was only for 2 weeks. So, we have to go through and find those boxes and get them back in our basement. I was so excited that I didn't have to keep the house super-clean any more! The good news is that since we've packed a lot more stuff, it's easier to keep clean. The kids are thrilled that all the school books are packed. I was planning to do school through the summer, but now everything is so confused and I don't even know where the books are!! I figure we can do unit studies on swimming, house cleaning, laundry, and front porch swings!

So, I am again hanging tight to Phillipians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I have another raging migraine tonight. We have had a couple of weather fronts come through, and I have a couple of other known triggers going on. Of course, the house sale not going through didn't help.

There are other interesting things happening, though. I am experimenting with the bread recipe that was given to me by a friend. I tried it today with milk and butter instead of water and oil. My family much prefers it this way. The texture and taste are both a little different. I'm going to try this for a while and see if I can try adding whole wheat in a couple of months.

Some other friends gave me some venison to try, which has also been a success. Everyone except C loved the grilled tenderloin. C probably would have liked it if it was closer to done than to rare. He loves steak medium well, while the rest of us eat ours medium rare. I also made meatloaf patties from some ground venison. That was a great success. I had an interesting time making them. The venison is so lean that it feels almost like tofu when I started mixing it with the eggs and bread crumbs. The final product was pretty successful according to the family.

P enjoys archery for sport, but is interested in trying some hunting with friends. We'll see how things go. I certainly wouldn't argue with having a freezerful of venison come fall.

P went out and got DQ milk shakes. Chocolate is required for a night like tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! What frustrating news! I know and you know that the Lord has had a better plan all along, but I strongly sympathize with the chaos and details and boxes at this point! I'll be praying for you guys and the next buyers.
Alyssa

Anonymous said...

Boy, how frustrating! It just wasn't meant to be this go around. God has His reasons even though we may not understand. Keep the faith! God will come through! And glad the venison was good. I've only had it once in my life and that was when Robert (Melony's old boyfriend that was at our wedding) brought us some (from Robert and his father's hunting expedition). He told us to soak it in vinegar to get rid of the gamey taste----it worked pretty well. I thought it still tasted somewhat gamey though. You all are in our constant prayers!