Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lagniappe–November 20, 2012

 

1. I’m finally off my steroid taper!! And no migraine today!! I actually worked up at the shop for most of the day. Well, I was at the shop. The “work” consisted of knitting – PWM actually did stuff that needed to be done. I took a walk to the library to get some exercise and sunshine. Yeah, it was good.

2. I made oatmeal this morning for breakfast, but PWM and I were the only ones who ate it. Rosie Girl likes it, so I might do it another time, but Wild Man wasn’t thrilled with it, even after I doctored it up with brown sugar, cinnamon and half and half.  I was just impressed I got up and made breakfast at all.

3. I’m done with my physical therapy from my fall. My shoulder is pretty much healed up, but I have lots of exercises to help with my neck and my posture.

4. Wild Man marched with the high school band in the Appleton Christmas Parade tonight. Rosie Girl and I watched on TV and saw the band, although we didn’t get to see Wild Man himself.

5. Even though it’s Thanksgiving week, I still had to schedule schoolwork for both kids through tomorrow. They aren’t thrilled, but they do get Friday off.

6. Our Thanksgiving tradition is a big turkey dinner with all the fixin’s – Southern Style!! I like that the kids are old enough to help with the cooking. We usually put up Christmas decorations on Thanksgiving night as well.

7. Rosie Girl read “The Importance of Being Earnest” a few weeks ago, so we got the movie (with Colin Firth and Reese Witherspoon) from Netflix and watched it last night. Even Wild Man was in stitches – too funny!!

So, that’s what’s up around here right now.  What’s up in your neck of the woods??

No comments: