Friday, November 02, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday–November 2, 2012

 

1. So, my migraine relief from the three days of D.H.E. infusion lasted one day. I was up at 4am with a terrible migraine. And it’s still going pretty strong! I did call my neurologist and I’m back on a steroid taper. I hope this is all from neck strain due to the fall I took last month and that I just need time and some physical therapy to heal it.

2. On to less depressing topics! Rosie Girl made an amazing soup tonight with garlic, kale, and carrots. Oh. My. Goodness. The recipe is from the Williams-Sonoma book, Soup.

3. Our little yarn shop, The Knitting Nest, is growing and becoming more popular! I need to get rid of my headaches so that I can actually be up there and be part of all the fun! October was our biggest month so far!

4. Wild Man and Netflix are not such a great combination. He’s discovered a new TV series (Psych) and is determined now to watch all of the episodes (and there are several seasons available). I haven’t had to limit his media too much recently until this started.

5. I don’t feel too bad about kicking the kids off the electronics, though. The weather here is in the 40s and 50s, so they can be outside if they want. What really interests both of them, though, is music. When I tell Wild Man he can’t have media during his breaks, he goes upstairs and plays guitar or drums.

6. I just finished reading Julian of Norwich: A Contemplative Biography. I’m always so impressed by medieval women who managed to get educated despite the limitations placed on them by society. And she knit!!

7. Once again, I’m thankful we live in a small town. The van needed work done, so PWM took it to the mechanic and walked to work. Rosie Girl had to take her Japanese final exam at the library (the librarian was the proctor), so she just walked to the library. The big crisis was that Rosie Girl doesn’t drive a standard transmission car yet, so she couldn’t drive the one car left at home and had to cancel the piano lesson she would normally teach. But, it turns out that the student was going to have to cancel anyway. Overall, it was good that most things were within walking distance because I was definitely NOT up to driving today!

What’s up with you? Check out 7 Quick Takes Friday and see what others are up to this week!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Prayers for a quick recovery. I'm going to have to check out the soup recipe.