Nothing important, just some random stuff . . .
- A conversation this morning – Mom: Rosie Girl, I overheard the dust bunnies on the stairs and they’re electing a leader and planning a takeover of the house. (Rosie Girl is supposed to swiff the stairs every week). Rosie Girl: Mom, diplomacy is the answer. Mom: Rosie Girl, a Swiffer is the answer!
- Wild Man and I are watching Wild Pacific on DVD. Watching a gecko lick it’s eyeballs is downright disconcerting.
- Wednesdays are now reading and DVD/DVR days for Wild Man. We spend 2 hours at lunchtime at the Senior Nutrition Center and then Wild Man has a percussion lesson at 2:25. So, we put off the Language Arts activities for other days when we have blocks of concentrated time.
- This afternoon, Wild Man and I watched some of Wild Pacific and then curled up on the sofa together to read about Indonesia, ships, and poetry.
- I had a pretty significant migraine Monday night and through last night. I had Wild Man use Spelling City (an online resource that I pay for to get extra features) and Grammar 101 (a free online resource) and well as a Discovery Channel site on Krakatoa. It worked pretty well and gave me a chance to rest.
- Rosie Girl has a cold this week, but still managed to do her tap class and piano lesson this week.
- Rosie Girl also had her second electric guitar lesson today and really impressed her teacher with what she has learned!
- Wild Man and I are about to watch last week’s Top Chef episode and the final episode. We’re calling it educational because it takes place in Singapore – and we’re studying the South Pacific. Yeah, it’s a reach!
- And I’m hoping to eat at Outback sometime this week since we’re moving on to study Australia next!
Hope you all have a great day!