Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Word for 2013–Walk

My word for 2012 was Simplicity. Overall, my life is more simple today than it was last year, although I still have room for improvement. I hope to keep the new habits of simplicity that I’ve developed, but want to focus on a few new things this year.

For 2013, I’ve chosen the word “Walk”.

  • Physically
    • I want to walk more, either on the treadmill (it is winter here in the Great White North) or outside (when it warms up).
    • When my headache isn’t too bad, I’m going to try to “walk” through daily activities instead of working too hard and making the headache worse and stopping completely. In other words, I’m going to plod.
  • Spiritually
    • I want to walk with Jesus (who was a great walker while here on earth).
    • Galatians 5:16 tells us to “walk in the Spirit”.
    • According to Ephesians 5:2, we are to “walk in the way of love”.
    • While I’m physically walking, I’m going to try to listen to the entire Bible on audio this year. (I already have the NIV on audio, but I have only listened to part of Matthew.)
  • Emotionally
    • I’m going to limit my activities so I’m not emotionally overwhelmed. This means continuing not to have too many books that I’m listening to or knitting projects that I’m working on (OK, I know I’m already overwhelmed with knitting – I won’t start any more!).

So, do you have any New Year’s resolutions or New Year’s words?

 

No comments: