Friday, January 18, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday–January 18, 2013

7_quick_takes_sm

What a crazy couple of weeks it has been!! My previous post explains how we are moving our house and business over the next few months. The last few weeks have been a bit stressful as we’ve made our offer and waited for a counter-offer, etc. But, the papers are signed and things are really happening!!!

1. PWM told his mom this morning that we accepted the seller’s counter-offer and within a couple of hours, she had a flight reservation for tomorrow to come help us with the move! She does not mess around!! And her help is most welcome! Somehow, we’ve got to move to the new house and get this house cleaned and ready to go on the market while still homeschooling and working around my headaches. Yes, Grandma is most welcome!

2. I’m not sure that our new house is that much bigger than our current house, but the layout is much different. It has a formal dining room, but we don’t have any formal dining furniture – nor do we entertain formally. At my sister-in-law’s recommendation, we’re going to try making the formal dining area a library/school area. There is a lot less closet space, though, so we’re going to have to get creative on storage.

3. Moving provides a great incentive and opportunity to get rid of stuff. Lots of stuff. I’m going to have to keep an eye out, though, that PWM doesn’t start giving away books. I love books. But we can get rid of lots of other stuff.

4. The kitchen in the new house is lemon yellow. My current kitchen is blue. If it was only blue, we could make it work, but I have a fair bit of pink as well. PWM agreed to paint the kitchen for me as soon as we actually own the place. In the meantime, well, CLASH!

5. I got my computer glasses this week! These are glasses with lenses set for only the distance for my laptop, reading, and knitting as opposed to my usual progressive lenses. I have found, though, that I need to remember to change back to my regular glasses for watching TV or getting up and walking around because my distance vision is (obviously) pretty blurry in these and I have no interest in running into walls or falling over my own feet.

6. I hate to complain about winter weather since we did choose to move up here, but we’re about to have a couple of days with high temperatures barely above zero. Ouch! I’m going to bundle up and not go anywhere till it’s at least 10 degrees!!

7. Botox update: I think my daily headaches are milder, but my migraine that started last night has been quite intense. I’m only two weeks in from this set of injections, so we still have some time to wait, but I’m optimistic that it will be useful. Placebo effect? Perhaps. But, sometimes, you have to just take what you can get!

That’s what’s going on in my world. How are things with you? Check out 7 Quick Takes Friday to see what others are up to!

No comments: