Sunday, January 20, 2013

Overwhelmed!

I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment, so I thought maybe writing my clear my head a bit. And then I’ll knit (of course!).

This next week, we’ll be decluttering. The entire house. Ack! If we don’t want to move it to the new house, we will get rid of it in some fashion. This is a wonderful thing to do, but doing it in only one week is a bit . . . crazy. My mother-in-law is here to help, which is excellent.

In two weeks, we will actually be moving. Since we’re only moving 6 blocks away, we’re going to take the whole week to pack boxes, move them, and unpack them, and start over. At the end of the week, we’ll get the furniture moved over. I’m praying that moving things gradually, a room at a time, after decluttering, will be the least stressful way of doing things. I hope.

The week after that, we will clean the old house from top to bottom to get it ready to sell. I see lots of vacuuming, mopping, and general cleaning in my future.

And the week after that will be when we get settled into our new house in earnest.

I’m still overwhelmed, but breaking it down makes it look a little more manageable. And my word for the year is “Walk”, so I’ll just take one step at a time.

No comments: