1. I am now on the sixth day of being the mother of two teenagers. I don’t think we can afford it. Wild Man has taken to eating like a Hobbit, although he’s got more height and less foot hair than a hobbit. He would eat breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, luncheon, afternoon tea, supper, dinner, and dessert if he could!
2. God is laughing at me. As I teenager and young adult, I would say that I didn’t want to marry an engineer or a pastor and I wanted to be employed, not run my own business (or practice). My husband has a degree in electrical engineering and is an elder. And we’re going to open a yarn store. This was definitely not in the plan I had for my life. (Of course, neither were debilitating headaches.) But, God is in control of everything, so I’m just going to sit back and enjoy the ride. And laugh right along with Him!
3. I finished a really fun pair of socks for myself this week. I need to block them before I wear them. However, I’m thinking about entering them in the County Fair, so I might not wear them until Fall. Which wouldn’t be too bad since they’re wool.
4. On Sunday morning, the other three members of the family are all going to be playing music for worship. PWM plays bass guitar almost every week with the worship team. Rosie Girl is joining them on keyboards this week since the person originally scheduled had to cancel. And, since it’s Mother’s Day, the teen band is going to play, with Wild Man on drums.
5. Tomorrow is Wild Man’s birthday party!! We’re going to have five boys running around playing Nerf Dart War. And eating. I bought lots and lots of food!
6. The weather was sunny and 65 degrees today. Is spring actually going to stick around this time??
7. I made Wild Man a yellow cake with chocolate icing for tomorrow. It’s on a big cake stand, so I can’t put it in the cabinet. I loosely covered it with aluminum foil, not because it will go bad, but because one of our crazy cats likes chocolate and I’m afraid she would decide to eat icing till she got sick. So, the foil is to scare her off with the noise if she gets too close.
So, how has your week been? Check out 7 Quick Takes Friday to see what others are up to!!