Friday, October 29, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday – 10/20/2001

 

7_quick_takes_sm 

1. I’m in the middle of Christmas knitting!!  Since my friends and family read my blog, I won’t go in to any details, but I’m having a great time learning new techniques and making fun things!

2. It’s getting chilly around here!  The high today was about 50 degrees, so we’re breaking out sweaters.  I haven’t checked yet to see if the kids’ coats fit.  Sigh.  They keep growing!

3. Wild Man (to Rosie Girl): “May the cucumber be with you!  (yelling) And don’t go to the tomato side!!”  I think he’s had a little too much Star Wars and Veggie Tales.

4. Wild Man is learning to play drum kit as well as other percussion instruments in our church’s teen worship group, which is more like a workshop since all the kids are learning their instruments.  He enjoys it and he’s learning a lot!

5. Rosie Girl won “The Grind’s Got Talent” – the youth group talent show – with her ocarina solo.  I’m so proud of her!

6. It will be a miracle if Rosie Girl and I survive Chemistry this year.  I remember a good bit of Chemistry, so I’m the one teaching her.  But, she has very little interest in learning it.  It could be a long year!

7. I bought a TON (well, almost) of candy for trick or treaters this year.  We have run out every year that we’ve been in this house, so I hope I bought too much instead of too little this year.  We can always save the extras, but I HATE to run out of candy for the poor kids whose parents can’t take them out till later than the other kids.

That’s it for our week.  Check out Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes Friday!

No comments: