We’ve been flying by the seat of our pants when it comes to meals around here lately, but I’d like to be a little more organized than just saying, “Get food if you’re hungry!” Hence my restarting some menu planning. I’ve also told the kids that they are each responsible for one meal a week. Wild Man still requires a good bit of help from me in the kitchen, but Rosie Girl is now independent enough that it’s useful for me when she cooks.
As always, I’m just going to list the meals since the order in which we eat them depends on my migraines as well as whatever else is going on. I’m also assuming some veggie side dish and/or salad, but I’m not planning them right now because we haven’t gotten our CSA bag yet.
1. Spaghetti with garlic bread
2. Homemade macaroni and cheese (Wild Man)
3. Zuppa Toscana (Rosie Girl) with some kind of bread
4. Homemade pizza night (I want to try making pizza dough with my food processor. My Kitchen Aid yells at me when I ask it to knead the pizza dough for me and I end up doing it by hand!)
5. Spinach pie (perhaps made with some other greens, depending on what’s in the CSA bag)
7. Sandwich night – probably tonight since I have a meeting and PWM hasn’t shopped yet!
Check out Menu Plan Monday to see what others are up to this week! (And I’m like number 206 because I’m not terribly organized first thing on Monday morning!)