Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lagniappe 3/10/2010

Oh, my poor neglected blog!  Since I joined Facebook, I’ve been posting most of my short and sweet thoughts there and have generally posted longer items or memes here.  Well, I’m back.  For the moment!

  • I’ve been three days without having to take meds for a migraine.  Yippee!!
  • I’m starting to despair about Wild Man’s spelling.  It goes in fits and starts and right now it’s going v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y.  I’m going to try to work more diligently with the board and tiles (with All About Spelling) every day, but will probably also take him to see a developmental optometrist since some people have found that eye exercises can help some of these problems.  We’ll see.
  • Rosie Girl is taking a Creative Writing workshop online.  The final product is the introduction and first chapter of what may eventually be a novel.  Pretty cool!
  • I’ve been doing a lot of knitting since I got the yarn to work on my sweater.  It’s a bamboo/silk blend yarn and is just wonderful to work with.  I’m making a spring tunic, so I hope it doesn’t take too terribly long to make.

That’s about it.  It’s getting late and I want to read a little before bed, so I’ll hopefully post again Friday.

No comments: