Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our Week In Review – October 17, 2009

Our-Week-In-Review-3

So, it’s been three weeks between weekly reviews this time!  Yep, we’re pretty busy with life around here.  Since it’s already kind of late on Saturday night, I’ll just hit the high points!

Rosie Girl is loving Choir.  She had to get character shoes for Show Choir and she was all concerned that they would be uncomfortable.  We were both thrilled when her shoes came in and she found that they were some of the most comfortable shoes she’d worn.  Rosie Girl’s Art class is also going well.  She has made a couple of pottery pieces and is almost finished with her linoleum printing.

Rosie Girl’s academic subjects are coming long pretty well.  She has had no more trouble with getting things turned in on time, although she has been known to not complete her work because she overlooked a section.  She’s more careful, now, though.  She is studying pre-Revolutionary War America in History.  She just finished nutrition in humans in biology.  I continue to be very happy with WriteAtHome.com.  I love that I don’t have to try to teach Rosie Girl to write, but can just advise her on her assignments!

Wild Man is doing great with reading on his own.  He has been able to do several of his workbook assignments without help from me at all (which was great because I’ve had lots of migraines).  He is learning about the 13 colonies and their relationship with Great Britain.  For Science this week, he learned about pH, so I gave him some pH testing paper and let him test substances around the house.

Wild Man still really likes his band class.  He plays percussion and has learned to play bass drum this week (it’s not as easy as it looks!).  He and I still help out at the Senior Nutrition Center on Wednesday morning.

So that’s about it.  For a busy three weeks, I’ve got remarkably little to say tonight!  Ah, well, I’m sure I’ll make up for it another time!

Check out how others’ week’s have gone at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers!

No comments: