Wednesday, October 28, 2009

God’s Timing

I was writing out some Bible verses tonight to use for my meditation and I noticed a definite theme – waiting and rest. See what you think:

Isaiah 30:15 “This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: ‘In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength . . .’”

Isaiah 40:31 “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Lamentations 3:25-26 “The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks hi; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.”

Jeremiah 6:16 “This is what the Lord says: ‘Stand at the crossroads and look’ ask for the ancient paths; ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.’”

Philippians 1:6 “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Matthew 6:33-34 “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it’s own.”

Psalm 27:14 “Wait for the Lord: be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”

Lamentations 3:22-23 “Because of the Lord’s great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.’”

So often, I want to tell God what to do and when to do it (right NOW). But, God has his own plan and I’m sure it’s waaaaaay better than mine is. These verses are all excellent reminders that I can rest in God’s timing and God’s plan for my life (my family, my church, etc.).

How do I wait?? Do I passively sit back and do nothing? Absolutely not! The Scriptures also tell us to be obedient. While I wait, I live my life and I obey God with as much energy as I have. But I’m don’t need to worry that God’s going to miss something. He’s on top of things.

God is faithful and I can rest in his love. So I’m going to bed, trusting that He’s got everything under control.

1 comment:

NCMom said...

The Lord must have had your write this post just for me. I need to trust Him more.

Thanks!