1. I’ve had more than my share of contact with health care providers this week. You’d think I’d enjoy this, since I worked as a Family Doctor, but not really. I saw the chiropractor twice, the dentist, my family doctor, my counselor, and took my daughter to an ENT. I don’t want to leave the house now for a week!
2. Speaking of ENT’s (Ear, Nose, and Throat Specialists), Rosie Girl had a visit today with one. She has had about six months of getting “junk” in the crypts in her left tonsil. She has to get the white stuff out with a Q-tip and it tastes and smells bad. As expected, the ENT told us that the only real treatment is to have her tonsils out. Right now, we’re considering having it done around Christmas time.
3. Speaking of Family Practice (we were, you know, at least, I think we were), I do want to go back to work eventually. But, I think sometimes about doing some kind of full-time ministry like working in a depressed area (rural or urban). I don't want to leave this area while the kids are still at home, but I remember how much I enjoyed working at the boy’s ranch in Venezuela several years ago. Mr. Math Tutor is also not adverse to the idea of full-time ministry work in the future. Where and when?
4. I always said that I would never marry an engineer or a pastor. Mr. Math Tutor has a degree in Electrical Engineering, although most of his work was in software engineering. He’s not a pastor, but he has been an Elder in our church for the last four years, which is pretty darn close to being a pastor. God is laughing at me.
5. Next weekend, our family and Mr. Math Tutor’s small group of young adults are going up to the Northwoods to help out at Fort Wilderness for the weekend. I’m going to be working in the kitchen, Rosie Girl will be in the stables, Mr. Math Tutor will be doing dishes, and Wild Man will get to goof off!!
6. The weather is nice and chilly, so I’m making Ham and Tomato Bisque as well as gingerbread. Definite fall comfort food!
7. It appears that some neighbors may be conducting business of questionable legality. Law enforcement visited there a few weeks ago but the procession of people of young age and moderately unpleasant appearance in and out hasn’t changed. Sigh.
Check out Conversion Diary to see what others are saying this week!