Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A successful summer morning

This morning, we dropped Ga'hoole Girl off at church to go to a water park (57 degrees this am - she's going to freeze!), then went to Herrschner's Warehouse Sale. Is there anything better than spending an hour picking out obscenely discounted yarn?! I had a blast. For $75, I bought a bunch of yarn, mostly stuff to be used for embellishments. They didn't have any wool for felting and very few other sweater-type yarns that I liked. Of course, I'm getting picky about yarn these days. I prefer wool and cotton to most man-made yarns. I have been making socks from some nylon yarn and getting very frustrated because of how my hands get so dried out. I also got a couple of big spools of 100% cotton for making dishcloths and other kitchen items. From the retail store, I picked up some wool yarn for felting and some nice cotton blend for making baby items, but that stuff wasn't part of the warehouse sale. The rest of the day today, I get to sort out yarn and figure out what I want to use to make what projects. Joy!!

No comments: