Friday, June 06, 2008

How We Schedule - Heart of the Matter Meme



How do we schedule? Good question. Mostly, we don't schedule much these days. It has taken me two years, but I think that I have learned to be flexible because of my illness. Here are the few schedule-type things that we do.

We use Sonlight. I don't use the daily schedule that they give, but I keep up with the readings by the week. We tend to get ahead on the read-alouds because we enjoy them so much, so we add in extra books for bedtime reading. I also have a list of movies that go with each week. We watch those every few days, particularly when I have a bad headache.

The kids do math and Spanish on the computer almost every day. Wild Man reads to me every day and does either Explode the Code or spelling a couple of times a week.

On Sunday afternoon, Ga'hoole Girl and I make a list of what she wants to do during the next week. She tries to follow the list and it gives me an idea of what she's up to. It also lets me plan since she often wants to cook. Each night, the kids and I make a tentative plan for what we'll do the next day. This is always dependent on how I feel.

When I was more of a stickler about schedules, I was using Homeschool Tracker Plus. I can't say enough good stuff about this program. I will probably use it again when I have to keep track of Ga'hoole Girl's stuff for a high school transcript.

So that's our "schedule" for the time being. It may change tomorrow - you can't ever tell.


No comments: