It’s been a rough couple of days around here with my insomnia and migraines. It’s 3:15am and I’m still awake, although I don’t feel the need to have an icepack on my head. Instead of complaining tonight (this morning?), I decided to regale you with a list of things I like about my life right now.
1. I’m allowed to sleep as late as I want in the morning. When I was working, I was up between 5 and 6am (and sometimes had been up all night the night before). Since I don’t have to be anywhere tomorrow, the insomnia won’t decimate the day tomorrow. That’s pretty nice.
2. I totally love that my dear hubby bought me a single red rose (just like he did almost 20 years ago when he met me at the airport in Colorado Springs) and some truffles from a florist who recently opened a shop downtown. It was sooooooo sweet – and made me forget the headache for a few minutes.
3. Christopher is the silliest boy that I know. He loves to tell jokes and otherwise be crazy. But, he can be serious, too. He came back from H2O, the junior high youth group, last Thursday so excited not about the games (although he enjoyed those), but about the stories people told about how God was changing their lives!
4. Rosie Girl likes to talk to me. She’s less interested in discussing school items, but she will talk up a blue streak about her anime and manga stuff as well as music. Yesterday morning, she asked me about the history of various European countries because one of the anime shows she watches has characters that are personifications of the countries. I don’t really understand all the stuff about the anime, but I do like getting to talk about things with my kids.
5. I like that we (the whole family) have real discussions. Rosie Girl is reading Wicked right now. One of her friends tried to read it but got bogged down early on. (There’s a lot of political and religious commentary throughout the book). Rosie Girl told me and PWM that she thinks she’s having an easier time with the book because we often having religious/philosophical discussions.
6. Of course, I’m loving yarn these days! My Fair Isle sweater is coming along pretty well. I was trying to figure out how to deal with all the ends since I change colors just about every round, but I’ve come up with a working solution that involves weaving in ends as I go.
7. As frustrated as I get with the difficulties of sticking with a schedule, I still love educating our kids at home. Rosie Girl needs help with just Chemistry and Math, which PWM takes care of. Wild Man is able to do more and more reading by himself. I’m also going to start having him work on typing skills and copywork so that getting ideas on paper/screen is easier for him. In the meantime, I like being around my kids. They are really fun!
8. And I’m glad for my friends, especially the one who meets me on Thursday for a nice chat!
So, that’s it for now.
What do you like about your life?