1. Last night was Girls Night for me and Rosie Girl. We went out for dinner and then to the Appleton PAC to see Wicked!! The musical was absolutely wonderful! I was concerned that our seats weren’t going to be very good, but we were on the first row of the highest tier, so we could see the whole stage very well and even down into the pit orchestra.
2. It looked like the bass player had an old-fashioned stand-up bass, but also had an Ashbory electric bass. The reason that I know about the really cool little Ashbory is because that was PWM’s Christmas/birthday present last year. And, he loves it!
3. It looks like my week is going to be taken up by LAUNDRY!! I’m soooooo excited! Usually I do laundry early in the week, but I never got to it this week. It looks like tomorrow is laundry day around here.
4. Living in the Great White North, we are serious Green Bay Packer fans! Wild Man, in particular, is really stoked about the upcoming game. Go, Pack, Go!
5. I’ve become such a hermit that going out in the cold weather is a big deal for me. When I was working, I’d sometimes have to go in to the hospital in the middle of the night during the coldest parts of the year. PWM was a sweetheart and would often start the car for me. In spite of that, I still had to deal with some serious cold weather. In the last few years, I’ve become a Winter Wimp!
6. Now that I’ve seen Wicked, I’ve got the music on my mp3 player and have been listening to it most of the day. What a wonderful musical!
7. I read the book, Wicked, a few years ago. The musical explores many of the same themes, but makes some pretty significant changes to the plot. I was pleased to find that I enjoy both of them, just in different ways.
How was your week? Check out 7 Quick Takes Friday to see what others have been up to!