Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekend Update

I’m kind of starting to feel like this house is home. Kind of. Having boxes everywhere is making me a little crazy, but PWM and the kids are cleaning up right now.

While the East Coast has been getting pummeled by Winter Storm Nemo, we had a much less intense, but icky, nonetheless, storm. Our area had rain and freezing rain. I had a migraine. Very symmetric.

While I was worrying yesterday that my children were going to be warped because I sit around with headaches instead of doing “real” work, PWM was at the shop working, Rosie Girl was working at the cheese shop, and Wild Man was busy clearing ice and snow off the sidewalks at the next door apartments (his new job). Maybe they’ll be OK.

And, in the meantime, I finished Rosie Girl’s socks (pictures soon) and started some slippers for my mother-in-law and a wrap for myself. I’m back up to having entirely too many knitting projects.

I missed church this morning because of the headache and because I’ve also developed some lovely low back pain. I’ve spent my day knitting while intermittently putting a heating pad on my low back. Beyond fun.

We got the living room completely clear of boxes. Whenever we get the piano and sofa in here, we will have one room completely done! Tomorrow, after I plan schoolwork, PWM and I will be organizing the kitchen. Yippee!! Slowly, but surely, we are making this place “home”.

How was your weekend? Anything exciting?

No comments: