Thursday, May 20, 2010

Things I Have Learned – May 19, 2010

It’s been an interesting couple of days here in HOT South Florida.  I’ve learned and re-learned quite a bit.

1. Airboats are quite noisy.

005

2. I’m not fond of turbulence on airplanes.

3. The tunnel connecting the concourses at the Detroit airport has really cool lights and sounds.

012

4. Swimming for a few minutes with Wild Man can make him incredibly happy.

5. Fortunes can swing from quickly from one person to another while playing Sorry.

6. Sorry (at least the version my parents own) was written before the women’s movement since the players pieces are referred to as “men”.

7. I am happy I live in a small town.

8. I don’t miss hot, humid weather.

9. I do miss hanging out with my Mom and Dad on a regular basis.

004

10. Scanning old pictures is taking longer than I expected, but is lots of fun.

11. I need to take some time to slow down and reflect on all the changes around my childhood home.

What have you learned recently?  Anything fun?  Anything serious?

No comments: