Friday, September 25, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday – September 25, 2009

7_quick_takes_sm

1. When I got my hair cut a few weeks ago, Mr. Math Tutor and I joked that maybe my headaches would improve with less weight to carry around.  On Monday, when I was having my 4th day straight with migraine, Wild Man (who was adamantly opposed to the hair cut) said, “Maybe the hair cut is making the migraines worse.”  It was the first time in four days that I laughed.

IMG_0719

2. Our poor garden just hasn’t been doing well.  Do you think it could be that we hardly ever watered it during the 21 days without rain a few weeks ago?  We’ll need to be more disciplined about it next year!

3. I got a silicone muffin pan and have decided that it is my absolute favorite kitchen utensil.  Muffins are so easy to make, but I rarely made them because cleaning the muffin pans was so difficult, but the silicone pan makes it incredibly easy!!  I just put it in the dishwasher and it came out looking brand new.

4. I went on a kitchen cleaning spree the other day.  We had tons of soap scum build-up in the dishwasher, so I ran an empty dishwasher cycle with a couple of cups of vinegar which worked like a charm.  The main event, though, was that I cleaned my wooden cabinets above the stove which were sticky and gross with a layer of grease (that was probably about 10 years old).  It took lots of Pledge and some elbow grease, but they are beautifully clean!!

5. My kids both drink coffee – not every day, but they enjoy it.  Mr. Math Tutor really likes his morning coffee, but not me.  I’m a Coke Zero gal.  But, the other day, Rosie Girl made me a cup of strong coffee with chocolate, cream and sugar in it.  I think it was about as effective as the migraine meds on that headache and I actually enjoyed it!

6. Sharing an office with Wild Man has its ups and downs.  Now that he’s a “real” percussion player, he is always drumming on something.  He’ll be sitting at his desk working on a workbook, but he is always drumming with his fingers or pencil.

7. One of Rosie Girl’s favorite things to do now is to back the car or van down the driveway.  She’s only 14, so that’s as much as she’s allowed to do as far as driving goes, but it thrills her to no end!!

Check out Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes Friday posts!!

No comments: