1. My kids are on a Lord of the Rings kick. Not only are we reading Fellowship of the Ring as a family, but the kids have been watching the movies with commentary. It’s kind of fun for me to experience them again, but this time with the kids.
2. In an attempt to get ready for the school year, I put up a US map next to our World Map in the dining room. It’s the only place with enough wall space, and it also sparks great mealtime conversation. I want the kids to learn the states and some US geography in addition to US history this year.
3. Our DVD player died today so the kids had an impromptu electronics lesson – i.e. they took the DVD player apart!
4. Wild Man is done with summer band lessons but Rosie Girl has her dance intensive next week for four days. She only takes tap during the school year, but she still enjoys the summer dance intensive where she does some ballet and jazz as well.
5. This weekend is Rock the City where we have our church service at the park. Mr. Math Tutor will be playing bass guitar and Wild Man will be dancing with the Worship and Music group. There’s a pig roast followed by a baptism service. At least this year, it looks to be nice and warm. The year that Wild man was baptized, it was in the low 60s and drizzly!
5. I’ve been trying to walk for 10-30 minutes in the morning to perk myself up and I’m happy to say that it’s working. Of course, Wednesday and Thursday this week were migraine days so I didn’t do much of anything, but the walking most other days helps get me going so there’s a chance I can have lunch ready by noon.
6. We start our school year in two and a half weeks. I really want to have the kids desks clean and organized, but I haven’t gotten it done yet. Most of the assignments are planned, though.
7. Our little garden is still producing. We’ve been eating green beans and onions lately The cucumbers and tomatoes are coming along nicely.
Go check out 7 Quick Takes Friday to see what others have to say !!