Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mommy-Son Time

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is that time of year - the All-Star Game! And my son has the audacity to root for the American League. I've considered disowning him, but he's really too cute. I'm a National League girl, myself. One of my history profs in college used to say, "God loves the National League." I have not idea why, but I must agree. Besides, my one claim to fame in this world is that, in 1985, I was part of a choir of 150 kids from West Palm Beach, FL who sang the National Anthem in Shea Stadium in Queens. How could I support the American League (and those awful Yankees!) after that? I ask you.

So, tonight is sitting on the sofa, snuggling with my son, and rooting for the opposite teams. The NL has almost no shot at winning, so I guess Wild Man will have a good night.



P.S. Tim McCarver is looking his age these days. It just seems like yesterday that I used to watch Mets games on WGN when he was doing the commentating. Of course, it was actually, the mid to late 1980's. I guess he's entitled to look a little older. I might actually look a smidge older, too.

No comments: