Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Knitting Mania - January 15

I haven't done a knitting update in a while, so I thought I'd share with you some of my most recent projects. Knitting is great for me because I can do it when I have a headache and it helps to take my mind off my headache (unless the pattern is really super complicated!).




Here are the sweaters that I made for Ga'Hoole Girl and Wild Man. I used the same pattern for both. Wild Man chose the blue and green yarn and told me how he wanted the hood and sleeves the same color. The hood is a little too small, but he likes it and won't let me redo it. Ga'Hoole Girl wanted hers done in chenille yarn, which is pretty and warm, but is very hard to work with using the size 5 needles that I needed. Anyway, hers is the pretty purple sweater.












I have recently started felting. This involves knitting an item in 100% wool in a much larger size than I want, then felting it by putting it in the washer with hot water and some jeans for extra agitation. I made slippers for several family members for Christmas this year in addition to a pair for myself. I have also started making soda can holders.















I also knitted a new bathmat. We had some lovely flannel sheets that we got about 10 years ago, and the fitted sheet got really worn out. So, I cut it into strips and knitted it in a checkerboard pattern using my really large needles. It turns out that it is the perfect size, matches perfectly, and is wonderfully soft on the feet.








My current projects are learning to do cables. I got some fun patterns from MagKnits. I am currently working on a set of fingerless gloves with a cool cable pattern for Ga'Hoole Girl. I'm also trying a vest for Mr. Math Teacher.

No comments: