Sunday, January 20, 2008

COLD!

Yes, I know that since we live in the "Great White North", I should expect cold weather. But, I'm having a hard time getting myself revved up to go outside now that it is -15 degrees F. But, Wild Man is singing in church with the rest of the kids, so I really need to go to church. I guess the question is how much do I love the kid? Well, that's an easy one - so, I'm all layered up and ready to go.

The really crazy thing is that there is going to be a football game at Lambeau Field this afternoon - even though it is going to be in the single digits. Maybe it's not so bad for the players since there are heaters on the sidelines, but the fans who sit out there in this frigid weather are just nuts!

Addendum: I just went out to start the van. As a friend of mine says, "It's a real nostril-freezer out there!" Indeed, it is. Even with a scarf over my face, I ended up with icicles inside my nose. After less than five minutes. EEK. What a day! And, Ga'Hoole Girl has an audition this afternoon for an Honors recital. Guess I'll stay all wrapped up.

No comments: