Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rambling

It’s late on Wednesday night and I’m the only one still awake. Insomnia can be really annoying at times.

I’m listening to Mansfield Park by Jane Austen on my ipod. I just listened to Edmund explaining why he wants to be a clergyman to Mary Crawford. It reminded me that Jane Austen was the daughter of a clergy and she saw the clergy as a positive force in society. While the clergy in London may have been seen as just giving a couple of sermons a week and presiding over weddings and funerals, the clergy in the country were part of the lives of their parishioners. Which is really as it should be.

We hired a general contractor to do the work on the new shop building (which is the building in the back of the property which is quite old and even used to be a blacksmith shop!). They’ve been tearing up floors – where they found wet wood which explained the musty smell. They’ve been tearing into walls and found a door in one of the walls. Apparently, they didn’t want to move the door during that remodel and just left it there as part of the wall. Interesting. We are very excited to see how things look when they’re all finished. And, since we’re using a contractor, he’s the one who has to talk with the inspector and make sure everything is up to code!

I spent almost all day today at the shop so PWM could set up his lathe so he can be doing woodworking very soon. I only made a few small mistakes in counting and pricing yarn. It was a good day.

I’ve had readings from Ezekiel in the Daily Office readings for the last few days. God sure gave Ezekiel some strange visions. Or Ezekiel ate some not-so-safe mushrooms right before God talked to him. The Book of Ezekiel – inspired by God, helped along by psychedelic ‘shrooms. Was that blasphemy? Maybe so. I guess I’ll be praying for forgiveness over that tonight.

Tomorrow, Rosie Girl and I need to make more plans for her graduation/birthday party. It’s going to be small, but we want to have it planned out so we can all enjoy ourselves instead of being all busy during the party.

That’s all my rambling for tonight. Tell me what you’ve been rambling about in the comments!

No comments: