Tuesday, August 02, 2011

The Post That Was Going To Be Here

So, I was going to write a well-developed, cogent argument for Inclusivism and against Universalism based on the book of John and using at least one example from C.S. Lewis.  But, it’s almost midnight, I still have the (hopefully) tail end of a five day headache, and I doubt anything well-developed or cogent could come out of my head tonight.

Here’s the short version of the post:

“For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.”  John 3:16

I think it’s really hard to read the book of John (and Romans) and be a Universalist, but Inclusivism is possible.  I’ll let you chew on that for a while.

 

 

P.S. It’s entirely possible that I have no business commenting on deep theological issues at any time, but lot’s of people spout off opinions based on very little knowledge, so I won’t be the only one out in the blogosphere thinking out loud!

No comments: