Monday, May 28, 2007

Blue cornbread

You saw that right! I made blue cornbread last night. When I was in the organic section of the grocery store last week, I picked up a package of blue cornmeal - it has more fiber than regular yellow cornbread. I was a little concerned about how it would turn out, but it ended up being very good! It was a little salty compared to other cornbread that I've made, but otherwise fine. We could tell that it is a little more substantive than other cornbread, but it was also nice and moist.

You can probably tell from my blog that I have signed up for YouTube! I'll try to not be too annoying with posting music videos, but I think it will be fun to share music that has been meaningful to me.

I'm making another change to my blog. From now on, my kids will be known as Ga'Hoole Girl (my almost 12 year old daughter) and Wild Man (my 9 year old son). My husband will be Mr. Math Teacher. Using letters was driving me kind of crazy!

Today is the beginning of the last week of dance rehearsals. Today and Wednesday are stage rehearsals. Friday night, Ga'Hoole Girl has one dress rehearsal. The other dress rehearsals are on Saturday afternoon. I'm excited about the Saturday dress rehearsals. Every other year, the dress rehearsals start in the morning, but the show isn't until evening. This is a problem because we live 40 minutes away from the theater. So, we don't get to come home between dress rehearsal and performance. Granted, this was much more of a problem when the kids were younger, but I'm still glad that we only have to stay in the city for the afternoon. It's going to be a busy week, but it is fun. We will do a full school day tomorrow, but then just do math and reading the rest of the week.

Ga'Hoole girl is really getting into origami these days. It's amazing what she can do with paper. Both kids are excited that their grandparents (my parents) are coming tomorrow. The kids love having grandparents around for things like recitals. The kids also have a list of what they want to do with the grandparents while they're here. And, Mr. Math Teacher and I have a short anniversary trip planned - time for the kids to play with the grandparents and time for my husband and I to be together alone!

I have been having some thoughts about kids, performance, and comparing our kids to other peoples' kids, but they will have to wait for a while. I need to get the kids something to eat so we can leave for dance. Mr. Math Teacher will be happy because my headache has calmed down enough for me to be able to take the kids today - I didn't have a great morning. Anyway, I'm off to feed a couple of kids.

No comments: