Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Springtime and Birthdays




For L and C's birthdays this year, we got them a joint present - a trampoline. We bought it yesterday - although that is a story in itself. We started at Sam's club; we needed some groceries anyway. They had the trampoline and enclosure for close to $400 - EEK! I had seen it on the internet for less than $300, so I was hoping we could do better. ToysRUs had a smaller trampoline (12 feet) but no enclosure. Menards had enclosures, but no trampolines. By this time, P, C, and I were pretty tired, so we went home. L and I left early for her dance class and went to WalMart (her dance class is in a city the opposite direction from where we had been that morning). They had the trampoline and enclosure for a price I could live with. Since we didn't have to shop around, we had a nice early dinner at Fazoli's and then went to Goodwill to find her costume for the homeschool play - no luck on C's costume, though.






This morning, we had "shop class". All four of us worked all morning and got the trampoline put together, including enclosure. I am completely wiped out and feel sure that my body is going to pay me back in the next couple of days! In any case, the kids got to help put the thing together, and they are now out playing. A friend of mine could hardly believe that we actually got our kids a trampoline. We are known as the psychotically safety-minded parents! I guess we're mellowing a little in our old age. Of course, the kids got a major safety lecture, and I've peeked out the window a few times to check on them.


L brought home several of her art projects from school today. Here is the bird that won a best in show award. She modeled it on an elf owl. Her current passion is owls.

I have taken on a new challenge in knitting - starting from the toes with a figure of eight cast-on. The knitting literature says that this is a great way to make socks. We'll have to see. It took me 4 tries to get the toe even started. I have the actually toe done, so we'll see how it goes from here. Of course, I also chose a pattern that has me reading from a chart, which is new to me. I'll be learning lots of stuff from one pair of socks.


Our weather has been gorgeous. Today it is 54 degrees and sunny (after an early morning rain shower). Yesterday was even a little warmer in the low 60s. We have to leave for dance class in an hour or so.




No comments: