Wednesday, April 11, 2007

April Snow

Well, just to keep us on our toes, it is snowing on April 11. Not like this is new - we have had snow around Easter three out of the last five years. We are forecast to have 5 to 7 inches of snow today. I cancelled C's reading lesson since I didn't want to drive through all the wind and snow.

Of course, with this weather, I have had a migraine today. Thankfully, that is getting better. The kids and I watched a show about Stonehenge this am. We are working our way through ancient civilizations and discussed Stonehenge on Monday, so this show was perfect. C did a notebook page on it. L is going to be doing a notebook page tonight. She is talking about doing hers on amber - it was also referenced in our reading this week. This afternoon, we watched the first part of a 3 DVD series on birds. It is really good. There are lots of evolutionary references - in fact, the whole show has an evolutionary premise. But, the kids are OK with it. We talk about old-earth creation, new earth creation, evolution, etc. There is lots of good info in the DVD, though. And it fits perfectly with our science curriculum.

I have been looking for options to help my bread. I make whole wheat bread that tastes delicious, but it is a little heavy for my taste. I found some info on the internet about using dough conditioner and refrigerating the dough overnight. I think I'll give it a try. But, I need the headache to calm down first. Then, I may try some cooking.

No comments: