Saturday, April 21, 2007

She bought a bird!!!!

OK, so 1/7th of a bird. L went to a 4H animal swap today (actually, a sale, but I think they were buying from other 4H'ers). She got there at 6am (EEK!) when it opened. P got her up and walked her to the fairgrounds. While she was there, she decided that she wanted to buy a bird. She called home and P said "NO!" We have three cats! Can you imagine a bird in a small house with three cats? Besides, L and I had discussed this before and I had told her "no". Well, she and two friends decided that they would buy a dove and that it would stay at her friend's house (which is OK since they have goats, ducks, birds, rabbits, cats, dogs, etc.). Well, L is now part owner of Milky Way, a dove.

I have had a rough couple of days on the headache front. I developed a whopping migraine on Thursday evening. It was bad enough that I couldn't try to sleep until after 1am. I slept on the sofa so I could sleep with my head up - but, I had my CPAP machine! Anyway, I had a headache most of yesterday, too, but not as bad. P wanted to take me on a date, so we decided that we would not got out to eat and would spend our money at the yarn shop, instead (I'm making myself a cape). Then, we went to a state park and walked one of the trails. It was a nice evening. But, I woke up this morning still having a headache. Bummer.

L and two of her friends wanted to get our family entered in the city rummage sale so they can sell stuff they don't need and raise money so that E (one of the friends) can go to family camp with J (the other friend). And, we all go to the same family camp, so all three girls are excited that they will all be at family camp together. I was going to go through the kids' rooms today and collect stuff for the sale. I told C he can have whatever money he gets from selling his stuff. I also have lots of stuff that should be sold or given away. This is a good excuse to do it.

We went on Thursday, the deadline, to sign up for the sale. First, we went to City Hall - they said that sign-ups were at the Chamber or the newspaper. We went to the Chamber, and they said to go to the newspaper. The newspaper is closed from 12-1. We went back to the newspaper at 1:30 and got our number and sign. She said that she should have already taken the sign-ups to wherever they were supposed to go. We were lucky that she was still taking sign-ups. Of course, I'm thinking that a deadline of April 19 means at the end of the business day on April 19, not whenever she decides to take the sign-up info wherever it is supposed to go. I'm glad we got there early. It's a reminder that we live in a small town and need to sometimes make adjustments.

Well, I'm still pretty headache-y, so I'm going to sit and knit. More later.

No comments: