Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Migraine Brain

Those of us with chronic migraine are familiar with "migraine brain". It's the difficulty concentrating that comes with a migraine and it usually lasts until the day after. And I've got it today.

I woke up this morning with a migraine. I tried to go back to sleep, which sometimes helps, but it didn't work this time. I also have terrible back pain since I strained my back last week, so I'm feeling particularly aggrieved.

Migraine brain is usually described as fuzziness in the brain, but it also includes a depressed mood. It's more than just being depressed about having a migraine. It's a deep down depression.

I have a lot of blogs in my blog reader from a wide variety of sources and I like to spend about an hour or so reading them. Today, not so much. I tagged several to read later. I came across one about how the Zika virus is probably headed to the US and I just didn't have it in me to even tag it. I'm sure the blog will have more about Zika spreading later on.

Today's news and blogs were just discouraging. One of my favorite bloggers is a guy who used to be a journalist, but lost his job a few years ago in the bad economy. He is now working at a big box hardware store. He had a job interview last week and just heard that he didn't get the job.

I watched a bit of a TV show with David Barton and Michelle Bachman that I taped for entertainment value. It was just depressing that people actually with watch this and believe this stuff. Barton is actually introduced as a historian! Really! If I'd been feeling better, I would have laughed. Not today. And then, I read stuff about Trump and Cruz. Our country is going to hell in a handbasket.

Thankfully, I watched Downton Abbey and Sherlock while knitting. I doubt I'll do much more reading since it seems to be making my mood worse!!

This migraine had sure better be gone by tomorrow!

No comments: