Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year!!!! Let Go!

It's that time of year again. We're saying good-bye to the old year and ringing in the New Year!

2015 was a year of challenges and blessings. 

  • PWM continued to teach high school and middle school math. 
  • We decided to close The Knitting Nest this summer. 
  • My headaches have stayed about the same.
  • Rosie Girl is still in college studying for a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Music with  Minor in Religious Studies.
  • Wild Man is senior in high school.
  • My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a party that my brother and I threw for them in Florida over Thanksgiving!
  • We welcomed Ashley, a Chinese exchange student into our home for the rest of the school year.
So, what's up for 2016? The plan is for Wild Man to graduate high school. Other than that, I just don't know!

I've decided that my phrase for this year is "Let Go". I've found over the last few years that my life is easier when I just let life happen and quit trying to have control over every last detail. My goal this year is to control only the things that I need to control and let the rest of it go. I imagine this will require lots of prayer along with my meds and healthy lifestyle. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't plan to neglect anything. This is part of my multi-year goal of pursuing peace. Last year, I worked on focus. As part of that, I gave away a lot of "stuff". We closed The Knitting Nest and gave away or sold the physical assets of the business (except the building). I also gave away the majority of our books that we don't need. This year's phrase of "Let Go" is the next step. I've been gradually getting rid of physical things. This year's phrase reminds me to let go of the emotional and spiritual baggage that I don't need.

Here are some scripture passages that reflect my phrase of the year:

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Happy New Year!!


No comments: