Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas 2015

Christmas!!! What a wonderful time of year! I've been very fortunate this year to not be downed by depression. I've had a good combination of medications and activities to keep my mood up.

And, we had a wonderful Christmas present this year! Her name is Ashley, and she is an exchange student from Shanghai. Her current placement wasn't working, so her placement agency wanted to get her moved soon. She came to our home a week after we volunteered our home, which was about 2 weeks ago! Ashley and Wild Man are already friends because they are in classes together in school and hang out together. She and Rosie Girl get along great because they have many of the same interests. We seem to be working out as a family really well.

We're spreading our Christmas celebration out over several days in order to minimize the impact of my headaches. We went to church on Christmas Eve. We opened presents and played with toys on Christmas Day. My parents arrived on the 26th and we goofed off some more that day. And we're having Christmas dinner today. 

I called my neurologist on Monday for steroids because my migraine had been going on for two weeks and I was having trouble hanging on. My headaches are better, but now I have steroid jitters! And the headache came back today, probably because of the winter storm on the way. In any case, Mom is cooking dinner.

Our other fun Christmas thing is that we're making a gingerbread church. The pieces were kind of warped, but we got the main structure together. Tomorrow's winter storm will be a great time to finish the last bit of construction and do the decoration. Ashley and Rosie Girl are pretty excited about the project.

At some point this week, Grams is going to take the kids to see Star Wars. PWM and I may join them, depending on how I feel.

Somehow, in the middle of all of this, I get a chance to sit and remember why we celebrate.  And it's all good. I pray you are having a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


No comments: