I’m finally home!! I realized that my last post talked about Mom doing well and anticipating and uneventful recovery. Well, that didn’t happen. Mom’s surgery was three weeks ago. After about three days, she developed c. dif. colitis, which extended her hospital stay about about a week. It also left her significantly weakened when she did come home. I ended up staying an extra week to help out both in the hospital and at home. But, she’s doing much better and she’s almost back to her usual, energetic self, so I came back home to PMW and Wild Man.
- It’s rainy here in Wisconsin, but it is wonderfully cool!! The constant heat and humidity of South Florida just about did me in. I found a great bathing suit at Wal-Mart for just $6 (on the discount rack), so I did make good use of my parents’ swimming pool.
- Knitting, knitting, and more knitting!! I’ll probably do a post on The Knitting Nest blog about my current projects, but suffice it to say right now that I’ve got a lot of my knitting plate. I am almost done with a pair of socks for myself that I worked on in Florida. I’m doing a hat for someone with a hair-losing illness. I’m doing a knit-a-long on a sweater with a Wednesday morning group and probably doing a colorwork project on Thursday nights. Let’s just hope my fingers don’t fall off.
- I finished two of my three library books while I was down South and found that the third one was a very dry read that I knew I wouldn’t finish. So, off to Barnes and Noble I went and got A Game of Thrones. And I am loving it.
- Wild Man and PWM got to see Rosie Girl on two of the three weekends that I was gone. She came home one weekend and Family Weekend at the University was the other weekend. Bummer.
- To make up for not seeing my Rosie Girl for a month, she and I had lunch today. During our discussion at some point, I finally had to change the subject to keep her from telling me too much of the plot of The Game of Thrones. She hasn’t quite finished the first one, but she loves it and desperately wants to share it with me. I guess I’d better get reading!!!
- While I was gone, Wild Man decided to join the high school choir. He is singing bass and is really excited about it. He walks around the house singing in Latin. Pretty entertaining.
- Between starting that, his broken arm (with doctor’s appointments), and PWM handling the store and schoolwork and the house, Wild Man’s schoolwork got a little mixed up. My task for this weekend is to sort things out. He is caught up on Sonlight, so I need to figure out where he is in Biology, Bible, and Spanish. I think it was the last week that I was gone (the unanticipated week) that got things off. In any case, I’ll sort it out.
How was your week? Check out 7 Quick Takes to see what others have been up to?