Saturday, December 08, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday–December 7, 1012

7_quick_takes_sm 

And I finished on Saturday again. Oh, well. I spent Friday evening at a sock knit-a-long at our knitting shop and had a great time, so I don’t mind that this is a bit late.

1. Rosie Girl is giving Wild Man piano and music theory lessons. So far, they haven’t annoyed each other to death. Wild Man is paying by agreeing to play a game that Rosie Girl wants to play.

2. Our cable/DVR box died last Saturday morning. Charter actually had a service guy out here by 3pm to replace the box. Very cool.

3. In the last week, I’ve watched both seasons of Downton Abbey and now I’m ready for Season 3. So, get going, PBS!!

4. I’ve been knitting like a crazy woman this week. I’ve been working on gifts for family as well as a sock for The Knitting Nest’s Fellowship of the Ring knit-a-long.

5. We finally got all of our Christmas decorations up except for lights. I’m going to tell Wild Man to put them up or put them back in the basement.

6. Last Sunday, Rosie Girl had a piano recital and Wild Man marched with the band in the Christmas parade. I missed both because of a migraine. Alas.

7. A 14 year old daughter of a friend was recently diagnosed with lymphoma and will soon start chemotherapy. She’ll probably lose her hair so I’m making a hat for her. Not only does it need to be fashionable, but up here in The Great White North, it needs to be warm!! I found a really cool hat pattern and have some lovely wool/bamboo yarn. I have been enjoying knitting it so far and I think she’ll really like it.

Check out 7 Quick Takes Friday to see what others are doing! And have a great week!!

No comments: