Monday, July 13, 2009

Swimming at Camp

I’m sorry that I don’t have any pictures to go with this story, but the story is just so good that you’ll have to make do without pictures.  Before we went to camp, I had intended to take Wild Man to the swimming pool and make sure that his swimming skills were up to par because he planned to go swimming in the deep part of the lake and even go off the bipod (rope swing).  The swimming area is well life-guarded, but I still wanted to be comfortable about his swimming competence since he declined to take swimming lessons this year.

Well, as things worked out, I had something like four migraines the week before camp, so we, of course, did not get out to the local pool.  The first several days of camp were a bit chilly for swimming, although Wild Man and Mr. Math Tutor did go out boating a couple of times.  On Thursday, though, Wild Man came back from the beach in his swimsuit and told me that he had jumped off the high dive!  WHAT?!  He assured me that he had been swimming with friends, so he wasn’t alone.  Yes, they were in the deep water, and he went off the high dive several times and really enjoyed it.  An hour or so later, he went to the beach again with his sister.  When he came back, he was very proud to tell me that he had been off the bipod three times!  Unfortunately, I wasn’t feeling well that afternoon, so I hadn’t been down to the beach, so I don’t have any pictures, but I have assurances from Rosie Girl that Wild Man did, indeed, go off the bipod three times and swim quite well.

Yep.  He’s a Wild Man!!

No comments: