Monday, August 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - 8/25/08





This is my first time participating in Menu Plan Monday from orgjunkie.com. Usually, I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of girl when it comes to meals, but I decided to try menu planning since I know it will help with grocery shopping, etc. What I have done, though, is to plan out six different menus and not worry about when we will have each one. On days when I'm feeling well, we'll have one of the menus that requires more cooking, but if I'm not feeling well, then we'll have a real simple meal. Also, Ga'hoole Girl will be doing some cooking for her Food Science course, so those meals will get stuck in there as well. So, here's my first week's worth of menus.
Day 1
Batter Fried Fish - Paula Deen's recipe
Hushpuppies
Salad
P.S. We already had this meal tonight. The fish was wonderful - some was bass that Mr. Math Tutor caught a few days ago, and some was pollock from the store. The hushpuppies were truly some of the worst that I've ever had. Next time, I'll find a good recipe and not try to modify one. Anyway, I've decided that deep frying isn't so bad now that I have two important things: a good set of tongs, and two kids to help clean the kitchen!
Day 2
Fried Chicken (probably will brine it first)
Parsleyed red potatoes
Green beans
Day 3
BBQ meatballs (purchased frozen, cooked in pressure cooker)
Fried potatoes
Salad
Day 4
Spaghetti
Garlic bread
Salad
Day 5
Frozen pizza
Salad
Day 6
Roast beef, rice, and gravy
Salad
Yes, we have salad quite often for our veggie - or raw veggies and dip. If we run out of salad makings, then we drink V8 juice. Sometimes, Ga'hoole Girl will whip up some sauteed squash or something else she thinks is interesting. Or, I'll see something yummy at the grocery store for us.
So, check out Menu Plan Monday and be inspired!

No comments: