Saturday, November 05, 2016

Lagniappe 11/5/2016

My poor blog. I really should take better care of it. I'm not a writer, though. I'm more of an intermittent journaller. I post things when I have a need to write, not really to build a following. And, it's nice to have other people to read along and comment and discuss things. (I keep my more private thoughts in a "real" paper and pen journal.)

So, what's been going on?

  • Rhapsody is the kitten that I got this summer. She is a cute little thing who loves to sleep on my lap but isn't terribly cuddly otherwise. Rory, Wild Man's cat, is the affectionate one.
  • I'm currently in the Atlanta suburbs and have been for three weeks because my parents both had surgery.
  • My Dad had a carotid endarterectomy (had plaque removed from the carotid artery) almost three weeks ago. He had to have a catheter in his bladder for 2 weeks after surgery, but has otherwise recovered well.
  • My mom had some pelvic surgery (it was all benign stuff) two weeks ago. Miraculously, she has had no complications! Her recovery has been a bit slow, but that's not all that surprising given the extent of the surgery.
  • I've been driving Mom and Dad around and I'm learning the area. I even took them to vote, despite the fact that they're not voting the same way that I did. I voted before I left Wisconsin.
  • I also took care of cooking and other household things while Mom was down from her surgery.
  • Mom and Dad just moved into this house in Georgia in early August. Not only do I not know where everything is, but they're still not sure where everything is! And, some things are in boxes until some painting gets done. Life gets a little confusing.
  • I am getting to spend some time with my brother and his family. I got my nephew to play Pokemon Go with my phone to hatch an egg for me! (I've got some plantar fasciitis so I'm not walking much.)
  • On my first day here, I took the car and Google maps to find a Walgreens. Google said it was about 18 minutes away. It took me an hour to get there and then 30 minutes to get home. Suffice it to say that Google maps and I had a few disagreements on the way there. On the way back, I just  made a couple of wrong turns!
  • Wild Man's first choir concert at UWSP was the night before I left to come down here. The concert was wonderful! Wild Man was in the Choral Union and the Chamber Singers.
  • I have many thoughts that I will probably write about in the next week or two. I will probably have many more after the election.
  • The headache situation since I left home hasn't been too bad. Last night and today I had a really rotten migraine. Last week I had another really unpleasant one. Otherwise, I've been able to manage around them and I only had to call my brother once to take Dad to a doctor's appointment for me. Not bad.
So, that's life. It's a pretty good one. What's up with you?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! Driving in Atlanta is a nightmare.