Thursday, March 17, 2016

Yoga Pants and M&Ms

A year or so ago, there was a kerfuffle (I love that word!!) in the Christian blogosphere about the propriety of wearing yoga pants outside the comfort of one's own home. The concern was that a woman wearing yoga pants might cause a man to lust.

Well, first of all, I can assure you that no man is going to look at my booty in a pair of yoga pants and lust. Except maybe my husband, but then it's not lust and it's perfectly OK. Secondly, men need to be concerned about their own temptations and where their eyes go. Nobody said that they can't take an admiring glance. It's the second glance when a man and the Holy Spirit need to get on the same track and fight the good fight.

For example, when I go to the grocery store, I don't ask the stockers to remove the M&Ms off the shelves because I might want to buy those M&Ms that I most definitely do not need. No, I walk past them. Then, I might take a second look. And that's where the Holy Spirit and I start waging spiritual warfare against the spiritual principalities and power and I walk past those M&Ms and right into the produce aisle.

Or maybe I tell the Holy Spirit I can handle it myself and I put those M&Ms in my cart because they're such cute spring-time colors and I have to have them in my house.

Yoga pants.

Ya'll we need to pray for each other. The chocolate Easter bunnies are coming soon.



No comments: