Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you had a good day focusing on thanking God for all his blessings. I'm in our hotel room right now after a day with family.

My sister-in-law and I have been working for the last couple of months planning my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party. The party is in two days!! We've done the planning and now we just need to do the actual partying!!

I came down here on Monday to tie up all the loose ends. The good news is that there weren't many loose ends to tie up!! Mom and I cooked a bunch yesterday and then cooked some more today. PWM and the kids arrived today along with PWM's mom. My brother and his family arrived last night. This afternoon we had a big, traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Our little part of the family is staying in a hotel, so we're watching the Packer game tonight in the hotel. Well, I'm watching the game, Wild Man is doing something with his phone, and PWM and Rosie Girl are sleeping.

Tomorrow is the day for party preparation. My sister-in-law is the artistic one, so she is in charge of decorations. I'll just be helping her decorate the banquet hall at the country club tomorrow afternoon. And tying up more loose ends.

I have a list about a mile long of things to be thankful for. Despite the headaches, which have still been hanging around despite it being Thanksgiving week, I really do have a good life. My parents are both still alive and have been married for fifty years - fifty years!! That's amazing!! Not only have they lived long enough to be married for fifty years, but they still love each other and get along with each other. PWM and I are blessed to have our own little family. And I could go on and on. 

So, that's what's up with me on this Thanksgiving night.

No comments: