Monday, February 16, 2015

2015 Word of the Year

So, blogs are going out of fashion, I guess. Which means that I'll start writing on mine again.

It's the middle of February, so I've decided my word for the year. It's FOCUS. I have been really scattered the last few years and devoted energy to all kinds of unrelated things and haven't been very productive at any of theme. This year, I want to be more focused.

1. Focus on the spiritual - Love. How can I love the people I come in contact with in very practical ways? Reading scripture and walking with Jesus.

2. Focus on taking care of myself - I can't get so scattered that I don't do my meditation, yoga, and other self-care. Chronic migraine is a nasty disease and it already takes away too much of my life. I have to take care of myself to take care of other people.

3. Focus on my family - We're not homeschooling and Patrick is teaching, so our family dynamics are very different. I'm trying to focus on keeping a simple and clean home without lots of extraneous projects.

4. Focus on The Knitting Nest - We have an employee who keeps the doors to the shop open, but I need to focus my knitting time on building our business.

This doesn't mean that I'm going to try to work harder or do more things. In fact, I want to do fewer things. I want to do the right things. So, I'll always think about whether an activity is part of my focus and whether it's a good use of time.

How are you approaching 2015? What has worked so far for you this year?

No comments: