Friday, August 30, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday–August 30, 2013

7_quick_takes_sm 

1. Wild Man’s first week of school went quite well. The one problem is that he may call the authorities over having to read poetry.

2. Rosie Girl is at college and moved into her dorm. The strangest part for me is that she isn’t telling me where she is going and when she’ll be coming home. And she’s not telling me all about her activities when she gets home. It’s going to take a while to get used to.

3. Sophie (Rosie Girl’s cat) is starting to spend more time in the living room with the rest of the family. She used to spend a lot of time in Rosie Girl’s room with Rosie Girl, but that’s a pretty lonely room now.

4. I’ve been reading through Rosie Girl’s school journal from 10th grade. She was hysterical sometimes. When reading Jane Eyre – “Is it poor form to fall for your employer? Just a thought . . .” Her take on Leviticus – “God’s version of the purity talk . . . Don’t do it, lest you die. Simple as that.”

5. I had planned to go to the second day of Rosie Girl’s orientation on Wednesday, but woke up at 4am (why is it always 4am???) with a wicked migraine. And I’m still recovering from that darn migraine. I’m going to hang out with her some on Monday, hopefully bearing cookies. Cookies always helps.

6. And Wild Man has been asking about when I’ll be making cookies. I know the kid can cook. He needs to start demonstrating some of those cooking skills soon.

7. Speaking of cooking, we have a half of a  side of beef in our refrigerator (1/4 of a cow). Last night, we had grilled T-bone steaks for dinner. There is nothing like grass-fed beef steaks! Between that and our CSA, we get plenty of fresh food around here.

That’s our week. How are things going with you? Check out 7 Quick Takes Friday to see what others are up to!!

1 comment:

RAnn said...

It is strange having them gone. My 7QT post is about moving my daughter to college.