Thursday, June 27, 2013

Lagniappe–June 27, 2013

I’ve been neglecting my poor blog for a few weeks. Partly, I’ve been busy, which is good because it means that I’ve been feeling well and living real life. The other reason, though, is that my neurologist increased my Topamax dose and my ability to find and string together words and phrases is significantly diminished. That being said, I’m going to try to attend to this blog on a more regular basis, if for no other reason than to stimulate the language neurons that appear to be languishing (ha! did you get that – language, languishing!) while I’m on this current dose of medications. But, I like the medication change otherwise, because my headaches are getting better. So, I’ll press onward, if only with limited cognitive function.

It has been as hot as Hades here in the The Great White North. Clearly, this part of the north is not currently white. And I’m wondering why we moved up here from the Deep South. At least, in New Orleans, we had air conditioning. It’s supposed to only be up to 74 tomorrow, instead of the evil 87 (with high humidity) that it was today. Let’s hope so!

The children are back from their trip to Ireland. We picked them up from the airport at 10pm last night. They are incredibly jet-lagged! But, they had a great time and learned a lot about Ireland, traveling, and life in general.

And my kids have seen Greenland!! Granted, it was from cruising altitude on a jet, but still! Greenland!! But, the place is not green. It’s mostly white from what they could see.

I spent last week painting the inside of the new shop! (You may recall that we purchased this house because we wanted the shop in the back to move The Knitting Nest into – just wanted to keep you up to speed.) This is significant on several levels. First, it means that the builders were almost done and were waiting for the painting to be done so they could move on. Second, it means that I’ve been feeling well enough to spend five out of seven days painting for 4 or more hours a day. I attribute that to the increase in dose of Topamax. (And I had help for a couple of those days – I wasn’t a lone ranger or anything!)

I still don’t have a washer and dryer. The money is set aside, but the washer and dryer have to be rather small because they have to fit down our basement stairs. I finally have decided on the ones that I want, but they aren’t available at any of our local Sears stores, so we have to time their arrival in town for when we won’t be at Family Camp. So, off to the laundromat tomorrow. It’s a good thing I like the people at the laundromat.

That’s what’s going on in my life right now. I’ve got some books to review and a few other ideas rattling around in my head. We’ll see what happens when I try to get them written down. What’s new with you??

No comments: