And it’s summertime! How did this happen so quickly?! And we’re doing 7 Quick Takes Saturday instead of Friday because I had a really super-bad migraine yesterday. But, things are looking up now.
1. There’s a new neurologist in the area, so my doctor and I decided to see if a neuro consult could provide some help with my headaches. The first step, of course, is to get me off my short acting medications (i.e. break the medication overuse headache). I’ve had to do this before since it’s so easy to get into a medication overuse cycle, but this one is pretty entrenched so the last week has been pretty miserable. In a week and a half, I’m going to get Botox again – yippee – and then I think we’re going to taper down my chronic medications. Botox didn’t seem to work last time (8 years ago), but newer research has apparently shown that higher doses over a larger surface area are more likely to work. We’ll see!
2. Rosie Girl is getting lots of work hours this summer. So far, she’s enjoying the money, but her feet are objecting to standing for 8 hours at a time. She’s getting used to it, though. I love that she has a good job nearby with good co-workers.
3. Wild Man applied for a summer job at a local restaurant. They asked for hobbies on the application. He listed “playing guitar, being funny, and thinking about how great it would be to have this job”. No, he’s not kissing up or anything!
4. Wild Man came back from worship team practice (that he was just observing, not even participating in!) Tuesday night with our Worship Arts Director’s mandolin so he could learn the mandolin part for one of the songs. It’s not like he’d never picked up a mandolin before or anything like that!!!! On Wednesday, the Worship Arts Director gave him a mandolin lesson so he’d be able to practice throughout the week and tomorrow he’s going to be playing mandolin on one of the worship songs.
5. I have camp forms to fill out for both kids. We have never managed to have both kids at camp during the same week, despite significant efforts. Rosie Girl goes to music camp first where she’s signed up for the arranging and composition track. Her camp finishes on a Friday, the same day that we take Wild Man up to his camp, where he will get his hunter safety certification (along with lots of playing, swimming, another other Fort fun).
6. Wild Man is probably going to be in a one-act play that the local community theater is putting on. Actually, they’ve got several one-act plays that they are producing with local talent. They needed another teenage boy and one of the participants remembered Wild Man from when he auditioned for another performance (that they weren’t able to pull off, unfortunately). So, Chris is going to the meeting tomorrow after church. Yet another chance for Wild Man to get on stage!
7. PWM and I celebrated 20 years of wedded bliss a few days ago!! We are now entering our 3rd decade of marriage!!
That’s it for today. I’ve had other thoughts going through my head, but nothing worth writing yet. Have a great Sunday!
Check out 7 Quick Takes Friday to see what others are up to!