Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Lagniappe 1/4/2012

Since I’m sure you’re dying to know what’s going on around here . . .

  • Rosie Girl made cheese soup, pasta, and broccoli for dinner tonight.  Delish!!
  • The LSU football team left Baton Rouge this afternoon for New Orleans and the National Championship Game.  I imagine that they’re already in New Orleans since it’s only about an hour’s drive.  Still, it’s exciting!
  • I’m glad I’m not in New Orleans this week with all the craziness that is the Sugar Bowl, BCS Game, and NFL play-offs, but I seriously miss the beignets and po-boys!
  • I had my annual phone call with my disability insurance people today to confirm that I am, indeed, unable to work because of my migraines and remain a drain on society.  About the time I think I’m emotionally stable, something like this happens to remind me that no, I have not worked through all my issues and yes, it is a good thing I’m seeing my counselor next week.   
  • I’ve had a bad run of headaches, but I think having a bit of an upper respiratory infection hasn’t helped my cause much.
  • I’ve been increasing my Topamax and been feeling the cognitive side effects.  The word-finding difficulty is most obvious, although I’m also noticing that I am slower with doing calculations in my head and being able to spell words, etc.  Other than that, it’s mostly been noticing numbness in my feet and occasionally my hands and having a much decreased appetite.  It could definitely be worse!
  • I’ve been working on a pair of socks for Rosie Girl that I started about a year ago!  For some reason, they just got put to the side and never finished.  Well, they will be done within the next few weeks.  I’m also learning to crochet – it’s not hard, but frustrating to try to get my hands to learn a new motion.

So, what’s up in your neck of the woods?

No comments: