1. So, the Cardinals won the World Series. Of all my Facebook friends who follow baseball, I think there are a total of 4 who wanted the Cardinals to win. I have at least 20 friends who were pulling for the Rangers.
2. Migraine update – I still have migraines.
3. In a new twist, Wild Man has been sick for the last two days with fever and intestinal upset. He missed sleeping over at a friend’s house tonight, but he’s perking up so there’s a chance he’ll be able to go to the Haunted Hollow with them tomorrow evening.
4. I actually played some piano yesterday. Naturally, it was Christmas music since that’s about the only thing I can still play. Rosie Girl played along with her ocarina. It was a pretty special moment.
5. Rosie Girl has a friend sleeping over tonight so they made chocolate cupcakes with white icing and then painted flags of different countries on the tops. Why flags? It has something to do with one of the animes that they watch.
6. PWM and I had a date on Monday. We had lunch at Olive Garden, bought light bulbs for the shop at Home Depot, and then went grocery shopping at Woodman’s. The grocery bill was staggering, but I think it’s the first time we’ve done a full shopping trip in the last couple of months. Wow.
7. Our family likes watching several of the reality/competition shows, particularly Top Chef, Next Food Network Star, Next Iron Chef, The Amazing Race, and Top Shot. This week was the final episode of this season of Top Shot (on History Channel) and it was a great one. The guy who won is a young guy who isn’t formally trained in marksmanship. He and his family run a Christian camp in Texas, so he said the prize money would go a long way toward some expansion of the camp. What is so cool, though, is that this guy seemed to just be having a blast the entire time! On the very last challenge, he was almost perfect. It was just fun to watch!
So how was your week?! Anything exciting?! Check out what others are up to at 7 Quick Takes Friday!