Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pain Update

My pain management plan seems to actually be helping some. Of course, the weather here has cooperated for the last week, too. I have had quite a good week on the pain front. I've had headaches every day, but they have been pretty manageable. The kids and I have been getting most of the schoolwork and housework done every day. I have been using minimal pain meds, and that has mostly been for muscle pains.

So, what has been working? It's hard to know for sure, but here are the things that I think are helping.
1. My schedule is manageable right now. I'm busy Monday evening, Wednesday daytime, and Thursday morning. I like having the time at home to rest when I need to.
2. I'm using my TENS unit. The TENS unit doesn't do much for a full-blown migraine, but it helps the daily headaches. It's kind of annoying to try to get set up, but once the pads are on, I don't have any trouble using it.
3. I have several scheduled breaks during my day. Actually, I don't get to all of my breaks, but just having the possiblity of taking them is reassuring. Even on Wednesdays, which are my busiest days, I can usually take a little time-out during reading lesson or piano lesson.

Let's hope this continues. I enjoy being able to keep the house reasonable clean and make sure the kids are learning something.

No comments: