Saturday, August 18, 2007

Updates - August 18

Knitting update:



I have been really enjoying my summer knitting. Here are some pictures of the clothes I made for my new nephew and the bath mitt I made for his brother. I described these in a previous post.





I have two current knitting projects. I am working on another little rug - this one to go underneath my foot warmer which is in front of my rocking chair. This rug is made from strips of denim from some old jeans and an old shirt. This knitting is harder than T-shirt knitting, so I can only do a few rows before my hand starts hurting. I'll post a picture when I'm done, which should be soon.


I am also working on a pair of lace socks. The pattern is from the blog "Writing and Living". I am using leftover cotton yarn in both purple and teal. The toes, heels, and top band are teal, while the rest of the socks are purple. I really enjoy working on a lace pattern.


My next project is probably going to be a pair of felted. I have never felted before, so it will be interesting. The other thing I want to make is a lampshade. I found a lovely pattern that uses cabling and short-rowing. I have learned to do short-rowing from the socks I'm making, but I need to learn to make cables.



Kid update:


The kids had a blast on their little vacation to Door County with Grandma. They took a few pictures, but lots of video. They both learned a lot about lighthouses since they toured almost all the Door County lighthouses. It sounds like one of the most memorable events was the ferry ride to Washington Island and the boat ride to Rock Island. I really missed them, and I'm glad they're home. Of course, things aren't nearly as quiet now!!


Ga'Hoole Girl did the 4H Foods project today. She only did one entry this year - decorated cupcakes. She was judged only on the decoration, so I made the cupcakes yesterday afternoon. Last night, she colored the frosting and decorated the cupcakes. She won a first place!! She wasn't the "first" first - the one who was eligible for Grand Champion. But, we are all thrilled for her. The rest of the Fair starts on Wednesday. Ga'Hoole Girl has two art entries.


1 comment:

Heather@To Sow a Seed said...

Congrats on the blue for the cupcakes!!! We just finished our fair adventure here ... how fun!