Saturday, February 24, 2007

Winter - again, finally

Well, we have a Winter Wonderland outside again! We got about 4 inches of snow last night. We were supposed to go to the homeschool science fair this morning, but L is still just not feeling well. She was going to try to go, but her cough just won't quit. P and I took the board up to the church hall last night, but her paper, owl pellets, and owl calls (on her dad's Palm) are still here. Unfortunately, her board by itself does not really tell about her project. She really needed to be there to talk to the judges. But, P and I are the ones who really have to evaluate her project and we are pleased with her work. So, we'll stay home today while the children cough.

I'm getting the hang of the CPAP finally. I have slept well the last 2 nights with it. Last night, it didn't even take long for me to fall asleep (which has been a source of frustration for me). I'm still having headaches, and I'm not sure if they're really improved any yet. Everything gets very confused when the kids are sick. I hope they're all better by Monday. We've lost a full week of "regular" school and I'd like to catch up. Like the consummate homeschooler, though, I'm not calling the week a total loss. We have been reading books out loud. We have also been learning to give each other a lot of grace - we've all needed it with this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elise still enjoyed the owls. Hope you all get better soon and are able to play in the snow. Donna from HFC.

kt said...

hi! i am horrified that you are experiencing such debilitating and ALWAYS migraines! mine stopped w/ the EXLUSION of sugar/flour when i went on some branch of overeaters anon's diet of 30 days w/o completely those 2 items.... i've never made it on that particular diet past 30 days. .. but my headaches have never come back either! something about eliminating those DID IT! i know i know, you've heard it all, tried it all. but i can't read thru ALL your comments to see if this one was there! God bless! found you thru sonlight=)
katie=)